What We Believe
Statement of Faith
- There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Redeemer, and Creator.
- He is perfectly holy, just, loving, and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent, one Being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the only infallible, inspired, and authoritative Word of God.
- God created humankind in His image to know and enjoy Him. But we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God, which God intended us to have. Because of our rejection, sickness, death, and judgment entered the world, and, now, creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is God’s Anointed One (Messiah). He is empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God’s Kingdom on Earth.
- Jesus was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now alive today as God the Father and within His people as God the Holy Spirit. Jesus is wholly God and wholly man.
- We are saved by God’s grace through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing, and receiving Jesus as his or her Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as God’s sons and daughters. He also empowers us with the Gifts of the Spirit.
- The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy– sin, lies, sickness, poverty, and torment.
- The Holy Spirit sanctifies and dwell in us, enabling us to live holy and minister supernaturally.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4, is poured out on believers so that they might have power to be witnesses.
- The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ, and Jesus gave His church the ordinances of Baptism and Communion.
- The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His Kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the Good News of God’s love, discipling the nations, baptizing, and teaching how to love and obey God.
- Based on the redemptive work of Christ on the cross, the Holy Spirit is forming a people for God’s name who, together, live the life of His Kingdom while awaiting the final consummation of all things, when the kingdoms of this world become the Kingdoms of God.
- Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost. Some will go on to everlasting life and others to everlasting death.